Water Care for Hot Tubs & Whirlpools
Keep your Hot Tub clean and healthy. With the right products, you always feel comfortable in your hot tub.
For Detailed Information about Products and how to use please click here and visit our Suppliers Website
Algarve Hot Tubs uses and distributes all needed Water Care and Hot Tub Maintenance Products you will need to look properly after your Spa. The Aquasparkle Range offers all you need with English written Labels and Instructions to make your Life easy. In our Download section you find the Aquasparkle Water Care Leaflet which explains in easy Steps how to use the different Products and also includes a Troubleshooting. If you have any questions please call us and we always happy to give you free advice and help on the Phone or if we near we just pass by and help you with some Tips and Tricks.
The Happiness of our Clients is very important to us and we want you to enjoy your spa.
Easy Hot Tub Water Care
You can leave the water in hard sided hot tubs for 12 weeks or more before you need to change it. The length of time between water changes is dependent upon how you use your hot tub, the filtration system fitted to your tub and whether you have a working ozonator or UV sterilizer fitted.
Between water changes you will need:
- a sanitizer to remove the algae and bacteria that quickly grow in hot, untreated water.
- a shock to remove dissolved organic contaminants, such as perspiration or hair products.
- a filter cleaner to remove lime-scale and grease from the filters and keep then working efficiently.
In inflatable hot tubs the water care regime that you will need to adopt is different. This is because the filtration system is usually a lot less sophisticated and so less efficient. You will need to change the water and replace the filters more frequently, and we recommend active oxygen sanitation because it is easy to use and inexpensive.
Maintenance Tips for Hot Tubs
Don't Panic! It's actually very easy!
- Don't use too much product. In hot tubs a little goes a long way and it's very easy to over do it with jacuzzi chemicals. You can easily end up with way too much sanitizer (which can only be rectified by emptying out some water and topping up with fresh water) or in a never ending loop of adding pH Up, followed by pH Down, followed by more pH Up, followed by more pH Down.....! Water balancers take several hours to take effect so give them a chance work.
- Hot tubs need sanitizer - so test it. As long as you have sufficient sanitizer (according to your chosen water care regime) your hot tub will be safe to use, if you haven't it won't be!
- Balance the water - but don't get too hung up on it. The point of balancing the water is to make the sanitizer work as efficiently and effectively as possible, and also to make sure that the water isn't too acidic because if it is it could cause damage. So you do need to balance the water, but it doesn't have to be an exact science. If it's about right, it's OK!
- Hot tubs need shock - so use it. It might sound unpalatable, but you will perspire when you are in your hot tub and that perspiration will remain in the water, along with other dissolved products such as hair gel, deodorant, make-up, fake tan and anything else that you use, until you use a shock product to get rid of it. If you don't use a shock the water will dull and start foaming, but anti-foam isn't the answer!
- Don't use too much anti-foam! Anti-foam should be a last resort (only after you have properly shocked the water and given the shock time to work) because too much anti-foam ruins the look and feel of the water. It's OK to use a bit occasionally to deal with an emergency, but if you constantly have to add anti-foam it's probably time for a water change.
- Water clarifier’s work wonders! If your water is just looking a little off-colour a dose of clarifier is probably the answer.
- Clean your filters. Hot tub filters need to be cleaned regularly using a non-foaming filter cleaner. Powdered cleaners are best because they remove lime-scale as well as grease. Poor water quality is almost always due to poor filtration.
- Now relax and enjoy your hot tub!